Oscillating weight shaped as
Pikachu and lightning bolt with Pokémon pattern laser engraved
In the wake of the first collaboration between RJ-Romain Jerome and The Pokémon Company International, the two corporations have partnered again to release a unique timepiece, exclusive in concept and rare in quantity.
RJ-Romain Jerome has mastered the art of combining contemporary subjects with traditional watchmaking know-how, creating real pieces of Haute Horology. In this spirit, the Swiss independent Maison is presenting its first complication within the Generational Icons collection, the Tourbillon Pokémon—the perfect alchemy between a prestigious horological complication and the emblem of the millennials. This one-piece limited edition truly asserts the brand’s avant-garde position.
The highlight of the timepiece is definitely the colourful dial, standing out from the all-black 48mm case and hands. Completing the ensemble, the black alligator strap is enhanced with yellow and blue stitching as a tribute to the Pokémon logo’s symbolic colors. The composition and the placement of the characters—all were created to appreciate the beauty of the dial’s numerous Pokémon.
This concentration of and accumulation of characters in different sizes yields an incredible and captivating 3D effect, such that the characters look animated and ready to pop out at any second. As the most famous of them all, Pikachu is the centrepiece and is placed at the forefront. To complete the Pokémon scene, the tourbillon bridge is shaped like a lightning bolt, one of the key elements of Pikachu.
Beyond the aesthetic aspect and the subjects portrayed on the dial—which already make it unique—the Tourbillon Pokémon is an exceptional timepiece thanks to its high level of craftsmanship. The dial, made entirely by hand, required hundreds of hours to create due to the numerous colours present which needed to be created and then hand-filled one by one. The case back was equally thought through, and we can admire the oscillating weight of the self-winding tourbillon—laser-shaped like a lightning bolt—and Pikachu seen from the back.
- Movement RJ400-TS – Mechanical self-winding movement Tourbillon I 28,800 vph I 27 jewels
- Power reserve 60 hours
- Water resistance 5 atm (50 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes, Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
- Case Ø48 mm, black PVD-coated steel
- Case back Sapphire crystal, oscillating weight shaped as Pikachu and lightning bolt
- Bezel Black PVD-coated satin-finished steel
- Dial Pokémon characters hand-filled with enamel
Black Tourbillon bridge lightning bolt-shapedl
- Hands Black PVD-coated and satin-brushed hour and minute hands with Superluminova C1 “blue emission”
- Lugs Black PVD-coated polished and satin-finished steel
- Crown Black PVD-coated screw-lock
- Strap Black alligator with yellow and blue stitches and black PVD-coated pin buckle
Additional: black PVD-coated steel folding claspg clasp