RJ explores new territories with its new Steampunk Urban Safari collection.
In a nod to the 70’s style and la SAPE – a dandy-esque fashion movement originating in the Congo which stands for the “Society of Ambiance-Makers and Elegant People” – RJ-Romain Jerome pays tribute to a provocative fashion.
Exuberance is key, expressed here through a roaring leopard print pattern which covers both the strap and the Roman numerals VI and XII. The emblematic Steampunk case in 50mm adds to the new model’s imposing look.
Unique to the Steampunk model, which features a self-winding Swiss Made mechanism, the dial is integrated into the movement. The different finishes and elements of the movement, such as the circular graining, the hex nuts and the pistons, give a true impression of depth to the dial. The leopard print, hand painted by Swiss craftsman André Martinez, offers a striking contrast with the raw elements of the timepiece and in particular with the structured bezel, made of oxidised steel with a black PVD coating.
This first model, limited to 25 pieces, is the essential accessory to face the urban jungle. We dare the bravest to be outrageous with a jewelled model, limited to 5 pieces only, enhanced with a bezel in red gold and set with 286 diamonds.
The SAPE movement lives on this summer in the new Steampunk Urban Safari collection.
ModelsSteampunk Urban Safari
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement I 28,800 vph I 23 jewels
- Power Reserve 48 hours
- Water Resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock
- case Ø 50mm, red gold and black PVD-coated steel
- case back Propeller engraving
- Bezel Red gold set with 286 diamond (3.27 cts)
- dial Dial integrated into the movement
Bead-blasted and circular-grained black gold-finished bridges with 4 steel pistons and bead-blasted black nickel bearings Hand-painted Roman numerals VI and XII in leopard pattern
RJ logo lacquered in beige
- Hands Red gold finished and satin-brushed hour and minute hands inspired by the anchors of famous transatlantic ships with Superluminova C1 “blue emission”on the tips
Red gold-finished and sand-blasted propeller-shaped small seconds
- Paws Polished red gold
- Lugs Polished red gold
- Crown Polished red gold screw-lock with black rubber insert
- Strap Leopard pattern printed on alligator with beige stitches and black PVD-coated
steel folding clasp with red gold inserts