In collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, RJ-Romain Jerome is bringing back the caped crusader but this time in a new setting. With a 75-piece limited edition, the new Skylab Batman timepiece introduces a new facet of “The Dark Knight”.
At the center of the dial, we can perceive a familiar shape blending in with the architectural mechanism, a skeletonized Batman logo. This functional applique, acting as the motion-work, recalls both the sheerness and sophistication of the skeleton movement. But the subtlety of the Skylab Batman timepiece does not lie within the stealth and central logo, indeed the map of Gotham City has been metallized onto the back sapphire crystal glass.
Looking into the dial, Batman seems to be overlooking Gotham City and when darkness comes, the bat signal shines blue to echo the previous Batman models as well as “The Dark Knight” trilogy aesthetics.
With this new edition, it was RJ’s will to offer a different perspective on Batman to showcase his more elegant side to date.
- Movement Mechanical movement I 28,800 vph I 21 jewels Black chrome skeleton movement
- Power reserve 48 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes
- Case Ø 48mm, black PVD-coated steel
- Case back Gotham City map metallised on sapphire crystal
- Bezel Black PVD-coated satin-finished steel
- Dial Skeletonized Batman logo brass applique in black sand-blasted chrome filled with black Superluminova C1 “blue emission”
- Hands Rhodiumed and satin-brushed hour and minute hands with Superluminova C1 “blue emission”
- Paws Polished steel
- Lugs Polished and satin-finished steel with black PVD-coated steel insert
- Crown Steel screw-lock crown
- Strap Black alligator with steel folding clasp