What would a Games collection be without Donkey Kong? In collaboration with Nintendo, RJ-Romain Jerome pays homage to the ultra-classic arcade game Donkey Kong by releasing an exclusive limited edition of 81 timepieces to complete its Generational Icons.
By dedicating its latest collection to the renowned character, not only does RJ-Romain Jerome go back to the origins of the platform game genre, but also to the origins of Super Mario: before starring in his own game, Mario made his first appearance as “Jumpman” in Donkey Kong, braving obstacles to rescue his girlfriend. Released by Nintendo in July 1981, this arcade game was the first to allow players to jump over obstacles and across gaps, introducing a new genre defined by skill and timing.
ModelsSuper Mario Bros.
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement I 28,800 vph I 23 jewels
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes
- Case Ø46 mm, black PVD-coated titanium
- Case back Grainy-textured stellar-patterned with Donkey Kong medallion. RJ safety screw on the case-back, exclusively accessible to watchmakers
- Bezel Polished black PVD-coated titanium
- Dial Black 3D dial built on three levels sand-blasted or satin-brushed representing the game’s symbolic stage. Pixelated characters and elements hand-painted in cold enamel with DK’s original colours
- Hands Oxidized black and satin brushed with Superluminova C1 “blue emission”
- Lugs Fitted with safety screws and integrated ball-and-socket joints for optimal wrist adjustment
- Crown Black PVD-coated screw- lock
- Strap Red vulcanised rubber strap with grainy-textured interior of stellar-patterned strap with black PVD-coated steel folding clasp