The RJ-Romain Jerome watch company springs yet another surprise with its latest creation. In a fresh tribute to the conquest of space, RJ-Romain Jerome presents an exceptional model equipped with a Manufacture movement: a flying tourbillon featuring a unique three-dimensional architecture.
With its generous 49 mm wide, 45 mm long and 20 mm thick dimensions, the Moon Orbiter looks every inch a true sci-fi fantasy. Its imposing rectangular shape and its numerous special-shaped sapphire crystals create a striking effect: its bezel-free case combining watchmaking steel with elements from Apollo 11 is composed of an exclusive system of lugs mounted on pneumatic cylinders to ensure both wearer comfort and the smooth fit of the black alligator leather strap with pin buckle-fastening.
The hours and minutes are read off on an off-centred 3 o’clock counter on the right-hand side of the dial. The openworked hands are red-lacquered, while the 42-hour power reserve is displayed by a lacquered red cursor appearing on a separate subdial between the lugs at 6 o’clock. Everything is designed to highlight the flying tourbillon enthroned at 9 o’clock, on the left-hand side of the dial. The case has been literally built around the movement in such a way that no detail goes unnoticed.
The latest addition to the Moon-DNA collection, Moon Orbiter brings with it an aggressive and imposing design that highlights the complexity of the movement. This 25-piece limited edition will delight devotees of horological originality and complexity that are light-years away from traditional watchmaking.
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement – Tourbillon I 28,800 vph I 32 jewels
- Power reserve 45 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Hours and minutes at 3’clock, flying tourbillon at 9 o’clock, power reserve at 6 o’clock
- Case 48.50 mm x 44.50 mm, steel containing fragments of Apollo 11
- Case back Sapphire crystal
- Dial Dark grey dial containing Moon Dust with laser engraved “stellar-patterned” and integrated X-shaped traverses Circular satin-brushed counters
- Hands Rhodiumed and polished hours and minutes with red lacquer Red lacquered power reserve indication
- Lugs Steel, fitted with cylinder system for optimal wrist adjustment, patented system
- Crown Steel screw-lock crown with black rubber
- Strap Black alligator strap with steel pin buckle