The timepiece features an unprecedented and fully-integrated, jumping hour retrograde GMT with a day/night function
RJ-Romain Jerome has once again teamed up with La Joux-Perret to produce the Moon Orbiter GMT. Taking some aspects of the original model, the new timepiece is home to an automatic flying tourbillon caliber, a made-to-measure movement which has been entirely redesigned.
Unprecedented for the brand, the Moon Orbiter GMT sports an additional complication at 12 o’clock, developed exclusively for this model: a fully-integrated, jumping hour retrograde GMT feature.
The Moon Orbiter GMT marks a break from the previous model with a 48 mm rounded case, made from steel incorporating elements from the Apollo 11 spacecraft.RJ-Romain Jerome’s unique spring piston lugs have been specially adapted for the new round case, ensuring maximum comfort on the wrist.
Bringing a resolutely more contemporary touch, the redesigned hands feature a red tip as“a subtle reminder of the red Moon,” says Manuel Emch. To complete the timepiece, the black alligator strap has been enhanced with a red stitching.
ModelsMoon Orbiter GMT
- movement Mechanical self-winding movement – Flying Tourbillon
- power reserve 45 hours
- water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- functions Hours and minutes at 3’clock
12-hours GMT retrograde at 12 o’clock and day/night at 2 o’clock on subdial, Power reserve at 6 o’clock on subdial Flying tourbillon at 9 o’clock
- case Ø 48 mm, satin-finished steel containing fragments of Apollo 11
- case back Sapphire crystal
- bezel Satin-finished steel
- dial Grey dial with laser engraved “stellar-patterned” and integrated X-shaped traverses Circular satin-brushed counters
- hands Rhodiumed and satin-brushed with red lacquer hour and minute hands,
GMT and power reserve indicators
- pushbuttons steel
- lugs Polished steel, fitted with cylinder system for optimal wrist adjustment,
- crown Steel screw-lock crown with black rubber
- strap Black alligator strap with red stitching and steel pin buckle