Four decades after Apollo 11 and two years after the launch of the Moon Invader collection, the Moon once again shines through a new timepiece from RJ-Romain Jerome: the Moon Invader 40. Loyal to the brand’s aesthetic codes and reflecting the attributes of the 46 mm Moon Invader watches, the new lunar legend surprises by the size of its 40 mm case.
Mingled with steel and fragments from Apollo 11, the case of the Moon Invader watches has been designed like a space vessel capable of journeying through small and vast spaces. Each watch is thus imbued with the memory of the lunar adventure that made its mark on history. The functional ball-and-socket joints on the four “corners” of this rounded square are shaped like the pivoting “feet” of the lunar landing modules. These extremely sophisticated components mounted on axles anchored in the case hold the spring-bars of the fabric strap and enable the watch to adapt to all wrist sizes. And to sublimate the “cushion” shape of the watch, the bezel is set with 70 diamonds which brilliance thus created offers a whole new vision of this collection with its futuristic design
While preserving the emblematic X motif characteristic of RJ dials, the Moon Invader features a “meshed” pattern directly inspired by the woven metal strands on the tires of lunar roving vehicles. In harmony with the timeless promise implied by the special Moon SilverRJ plate appearing on the stellar-patterned case back of the watch, an alloy made of silver and genuine Moon dust, the Moon now makes its home on the wrist.
feature a bezel set with or black sapphires, respectively totalling around and 0.89 cts according to the version. This gem-set bezel sublimates the hand.
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement I 28,800 vph I 30 jewels
- Power reserve 40 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Case Ø 40mm, steel, with integrated back containing fragments of Apollo 11
- Case back Grainy-textured stellar-patterned back with Moon medallion in Moon SilverRJ RJ safety screw on the case back exclusively accessible to watchmakers
- Bezel Polished steel bezel set with 70 diamonds (0.71 ct)
- Dial Grey gem-set gridwork motif with integrated bead-blasted X-shaped traverses Rhodiumed and satin-brushed inner bezel ring. Polished and satin-brushed small second subdial at 9 o’clock
- Hands Rhodiumed and satin-brushed hour and minute hands with Superluminova C1 “blue emission” Rhodiumed and satin-brushed second hand
- Lugs Fitted with safety screws and integrated ball-and-socket joints for optimal wrist adjustment
- Strap Grey fabric strap with steel pin buckle