What makes this collection stand out from the rest is the brutality of the design combined with the finesse of Swiss watchmaking savoir-faire; the contemporaneity of the subject combined with traditional watchmaking craftsmanship.
Limited to 99 pieces, the Eyjafjallajökull-DNA Burnt Lava goes back to the original 46mm case in black-PVD coated steel featuring a Swiss Made mechanical self-winding movement enhanced with a striking structured bezel with a black PVD coating as well. True symbol of RJ-Romain Jerome, the bezel is made of rusted and stabilized steel, a process mastered by the brand to give the timepiece an overall dramatic feel.
The highly crafted dial reflects the intensity of the erupting Volcano and the burning lava but also the great level of difficulty in the execution. Placed on top of an onyx baseplate, the genuine lava rock has been meticulously hand-worked by an artisan to reproduce the rock cracking under the lava pressure, a typical phenomenon characteristic of Icelandic volcanos. The dial does come alive thanks to the hand-painted lava in red and yellow cold enamel which seems to be trapped between the fissures.
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement I 28,800 vph I 23 jewels
- Power reserve 48 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Central hours and minutes
- Case Ø 46mm, black PVD-coated steel
- Case back Erupting Eyjafjallajökull engraving
- Bezel Structured black PVD-coated steel
- Dial Crafted from lave stone ejected by the erupting Eyjafajallajökull volcano. Hand-painted inscriptions in white and
fissures representing the lava in yellow and red cold enamel
- Hand Rhodiumed hour and minute hands inspired by grounded planes
- Paws Black PVD-coated steel with titanium screws
- Lugs Black PVD-coated steel with titanium screws
- Crown Black PVD-coated steel screw-lock crown with black rubber insert
- Strap Black toad strap with black PVD-coated steel folding clasp